Cranberry & Sun-dried Apricot Cookies
approx. 16 cookies
150 gr butter (melted)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tbsp dried cranberries
5-6 sun-dried apricots (diced)
50 gr bitter chocolate (70% cocoa, and organic if possible)
1. Soak cranberries in warm water for 5-6 minutes. Chop apricots in to dices. Chop the choclate coarsly. Melt butter, and cool.
2. Stir the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and dried fruits in a mixing bowl. Add flour slowly, keep stirring.
3. Add the chopped chocolate to the dough, and knead for 10-15 seconds with your hands.
4. Cover the bowl, and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
5. Cover the baking tray with parchment. Heat the oven to 180-185 C (350-375 F)
6. Take 1 tbsp size of pieces of the dough, round n your hand, and flatten.
7. Place the cookies 1-1,5 inch apart on the tray, and bake about 15-18 minutes. They must be slightly soft to the touch, and pop back.
8. Take the tray out, and cool the cookies on wire rack.
They keep fresh in an air-tight tin for a week. But we could never see how they are in the end of the week!